Thursday, May 20, 2010

common mistakes in Esl writing

Hello! I need some help from English-speaking people. I am a student from Italy and I am applying for an internship in a Travel Agency

They ask me to write a short Cover Letter, and I was wondering if some one could help me, and check it form me - I would be very grateful for pointing out my errors. I am open for any suggestion.

here the letter:
I am writing to you for applying for the managment internship " travel manager" i have read on www.yyy.net As requested, I am enclosing my CV.
The opportunity presented in this form is very interesting, and I believe that my education and employment background are appropiate for the position.
i'm studing tourism managment in the Economic Faculty at Milan University
I have already been in London within the context of the International Program "Leonardo da Vinci LLP" and i worked for 3 month in a hotel as a trainee in the marketing and administration field .
During my working experiences i have tried the sense of responsibility the flexibility and the comunicative abilities.
I hope so much to take part to this important project because it can offer me a considerable value to my professional formation and the baggage of personal experience.
Thank you for considering my application and cover letter. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Pepe Prz
New Member


Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Posts: 3

Cover letter: I am writing to you for applying for the managment internship... #2 (permalink) Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:13 am Cover letter: I am writing to you for applying for the managment internship...

I am writing to you in application for your Travel Manager internship, as advertised on www.yyy.net. As requested, I am enclosing my CV.

I believe that my education and employment background are appropriate for the position. I am currently studying tourism management in the Faculty of Economics at Milan University.In [year], I visited London within the context of the International "Leonardo da Vinci LLP" Program, and I worked for three months at [Name] Hotel in [City] as a trainee in marketing and administration. During my work experience, I have gained a sense of responsibility and flexibility, and improved my communicative ability.

I am eager to take part in this important project because it offers me the perfect opportunity to expand my skills in my profession.

Thank you for considering my application. If you have further questions, please contact me at [email address]. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
_________________
Native English teacher at Mister Micawber's
Mister Micawber
Language Coach
Mr. Micawber

Joined: 17 Jul 2005
Posts: 8630
Location: Yokohama, Japan

Do you know how to use therelative pronoun? Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course Are you a native speaker of English? Then youshould read this! English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skills
Cover letter: I am writing to you for applying for the managment internship... #3 (permalink) Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:44 am Cover letter: I am writing to you for applying for the managment internship...

thank you so much!! is great
i would add more, something about the difficulties
what about it:

I am aware that a working experience to face in a foreign country can involve notable efforts and appointments, but I personally think I am a youth with an open character who easily tries to adapt to new situations and I am sure that the desire to be able to enrich my cultural baggage with this experience will make me overcome all the obstacles I will encounter.
Pepe Prz
New Member


Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Posts: 3

Cover letter: I am writing to you for applying for the managment internship... #4 (permalink) Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:33 am Cover letter: I am writing to you for applying for the managment internship...

I am aware that a working experience in a foreign country involves considerable effort, but I think I am a person who readily adapts to new situations. My desire to enrich my global experience will overcome any obstacles I encounter.

'Cultural baggage', if you ever wish to use that phrase, certainly does not belong in such a letter. It means 'the heavy weight of preconceptions and bigotry with which my own culture has burdened me'.
_________________
Native English teacher at Mister Micawber's
Mister Micawber
Language Coach
Mr. Micawber

Joined: 17 Jul 2005
Posts: 8630
Location: Yokohama, Japan

Cover letter: I am writing to you for applying for the managment internship... #5 (permalink) Tue Jan 05, 2010 20:38 pm Cover letter: I am writing to you for applying for the managment internship...

i have written a new one, for a big company . What do you think about this cover letter?

...It is with great interest and enthusiasm that I am applying for the managment internship advertised in www.myaiesec.com
I have a strong interest in business and management issues with a specific interest in the area of marketing and i believe that my education , and experience make me and ideal person to help your company prosper.
I am currently in my final year at the University of Economics in Milan
In 2008 , I lived in London within the context of the International "Leonardo da Vinci LLP" Program, and I worked for three months at " the xx Hotel and Lounge" as a trainee in marketing and administration.
In these years I have had different working experiences, and I have gained a sense of responsibility and flexibility, and improved my communicative ability....ext

No comments:

Post a Comment